LBPSB hall rental


Who decides if a rental request is approved?

The Rental Office contacts the requested school principal/centre director to obtain the approval of the principal/centre director and the Governing Board.

Governing Boards consist of administrators, teachers, elected parent representatives, support staff and community representatives.

How long will it take to process my permit?

The schools Governing Board meet once a month. Depending on when the request is received, it will be presented and discussed at the upcoming meeting. The Rental Office will contact the lessee shortly after to discuss the outcome and issue a rental permit.

What is the minimum amount of time a facility can be booked?

There is a minimum of 1.5 hours on weeknights and 3 hours on weekends. A minimum of $200 per rental permit is required.

Is the school's gym equipment included with the rental?

No, school equipment is not included when you rent school space. The only exception is permanent fixtures such as basketball nets etc. Should you wish to borrow equipment, this must be clearly indicated on the request and the school will decide if they would like to loan their equipment.

Do the auditoriums come equipped with sound & lighting?

School Auditoriums are rented as is. It is highly recommended to visit the facility prior to the rental date to discuss technical needs, verify and test available school equipment (if permitted by the school) and assess the need for any additional equipment. A technician, assigned by the School Board is required for the duration of the rental at a cost of $32/hr. This company can provide additional equipment if needed at a cost.

How can I cancel my rental permit?

Requests for cancellation must be submitted to the Rental Office at least ten (10) working days in advance otherwise charges will be incurred. To cancel an entire permit, please notify us as soon as possible.

Who is in charge of the school during a rental?

The caretaker is responsible for supervision of the facility after school hours. The permit holder is required to have a group leader on site to comply with the Board's requirements for the event. The leader is responsible for the members of the group and any spectators.

How do I pay for the rental contract? Can I pay by credit card?

At this time, we do not accept credit card transactions. Please make a cheque payable to the Lester B. Pearson School Board, indicating the permit # and send to Accounts Receivable at the following address:

Lester B. Pearson School Board
Diane Foucault-Accounts Receivable
1925 Brookdale Ave., Dorval, QC. H9P 2Y7

Is serving alcoholic beverages permitted during a rental?

Lessee must request in writing the permission to serve alcoholic beverages during a rental. Once the request is approved, an official letter will be sent with authorization to apply for an alcohol permit in order to sell alcoholic beverages on the premises. Lessee is responsible for contacting La Régie des Alcohols du Québec and apply for an alcohol licence. Lessee is required to send the rental office the official licence before the date of the event.

Developed by: Communications & Innovations Services